'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Sunday, January 18, 2004

could i have been any one other than me?

"but what are we going to put there? and there?" kate gestures to the empty spots on the door after i add our newest phrase.

i shrug. "i don't know. go nuts, kid!" i sort of snicker, and then add on, outloud. "i can cope with the fact that it will be crooked."

kate gives me the look. back in high school there was a geography project she was going to hand in, and the title had been horribly, horribly askew. i simply refused to let her hand it in like that. i had to fix it, and nice girl that she is [was?] she let me make my attempt. sadly my version of the title hadn't been much better, probably because i was laughing the entire time i was wording it and colouring it in.

"even though i've recognized all your faults, i can still be your friend." kate tells me with either a glare or a mischevious glow.

i'm still trying to figure out if this is a compliment or an insult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home