'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Friday, January 16, 2004

do it...do it now!

i let the textbook fall to the bed beside me and breathe a sigh of relief.

"done. donedonedonedonedone!" my brain exclaimed over and over again.

i crawled down from kate's bed and moved to my computer. i was free. i had read chapters one and two in my cultural anthropology book, which can also be yours for a mere one hundred and eight dollars!

"you're free, and yet you chain yourself to technology?" my brain asks me. "you're daft."

i shrug to myself. my concept of freedom is so blurred by cultural influences at this point that i hardly think my brain would recognize freedom in a conventional sense of the word if it was dragged across my line of vision in the form of some hardy young hobbit actor.

daft echoes through my skull once more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home