'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Thursday, January 15, 2004

hey, you, you've been used.

kate groaned and shifted for the eighth time in twenty seconds.

"meee-eeeg, my back's sore!" she mumbled from above me.

complaining about aches and pains makes them more acceptable. i complain to kate all the time, so her groaning and moaning was acceptable, expected even.

"try being on your back. are you only using one pillow? don't stack your pillows!"

i like commanding things from my lowly bottom bunk. makes me feel powerful in some freakish way. she responded by shifting again and making a small series of complaints that were nothing more then gutteral gibberish.

"would it help if i read to you?" i asked, half jokingly.

my throat is sore this morning, and my voice sounds like i was a chronic smoker for many years.

but i read sixty pages of blood canticle to kate. and damn if she didn't fall asleep. i wonder if she'll let me read her the lord of the rings in february and march?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home