'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Thursday, January 13, 2005

here we are now

robin calls me, comes up and we talk.

i fear that i may be coming across as slightly disconnected or perhaps very detached because my brain hasn't been fully functionsing for most of the day. i feel like a rubber chicken.

she asks me if she can use my computer for a moment- but that it's a secret and i can't look. [small side note here- whenever i put a cd on with kate, no matter what i am doing, i always turn to her and nearly shout "don't look don't look it's a secret don't look!" so i am secretly amused at being at the other end of the it's-a-secret-don't-look bit. anyways].

she draws me a picture with a lion, and a zebra, a giraffee and a gazelle, with text in the font of willy wonka in the middle that reads: hey megs, what are you doing between may ninth and thirteenth.... and maybe an extra seven days? and do you mind stopping in switzerland?

robin makes a list of her all time ultimate top five things to do in africa. i start making one in my head. and then i'm like, who needs a list? just the prospect of maybe-possibly going is more than any ultimate top five moment i've ever experienced in my life.

we spent two hours looking at safaris. heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home