'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

eerie silence

i was dreaming.

i'm not quite sure what it was, but it involved a chase of some sort with a blond woman. regardless, i was dreaming. it slowly faded away however as warm sunlight reflected from a yellow wall back-lit my eyelids.

"meaghannnnnn....you haveeeee to get uuup noooowwww." for once the inner voice was not the bane of my existance in the morning. i knew it was right. i had things to do. i was going to eat a nice breakfast, read a bit of bible and then head downtown after lunch to pay my visa bill and get a new bank card.

i crack open my eyes and stretch like a cat.

"what time is it?" the inner voice wonders.

"i'm guessing ten thirtyish." i tell it. i blindly reach for my watch and pull it mere centimeteres away from my face. i look at it, blink and look again.

"ten thirtyish eh mate?" it seems to be jeering at me.

so my morning plans were out, and my afternoon ones would be as well if i didn't get a move on. it was twenty to two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home