'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Sunday, February 11, 2007

spinning round inside my head

sometimes i forget about songs and then, at a mere suggestion, i am swept away into their sound again.

don't you know this life goes on
and won't you kiss me
on that midnight street
sweep me off my feet
singing ain't this life so sweet

this years love had better last


there's some things. some things.

my backpack is currently full of empty bottles, a sticky cake plate, a cork screw and three corks, beer caps, random papers and scraps from gum packages. i haven't gotten dressed yet. last night things reminded me of cinnamon and molasses- foreign and fond and unmistakeably necessary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I've introduced Bellan to the greatness that is David Gray.

Say Hello Wave Goodbye still gets me verklempt and makes me think of moving to college.

2/12/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home