'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Friday, December 08, 2006

don't talk back. just drive the car

gordon downie is singing on the radio when i mash the talk button on my phone and mumble out something that i hope passes for a greeting. there's only a slight pause before the words 'morning' 'done' 'good' and 'breakfast' travel down the line to me.

within the hour there's eggs, sausage, beans, friend potato product, toast and most importantly- coffee! [or, if you will: kaffe!] spread across the table between peter and i. there's also sun so bright it hurts for me to keep my eyes open and cold that makes me remember that warm things like tea and slippers and cats really are most amazing.

also amazing- lithium.

but i think you may have to live inside my head to grasp that one fully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home