'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Thursday, September 22, 2005

sweet josephine will you follow me home

i miss home.

not the building, at least not really, although i do miss the way i can walk there with no lights on, with my eyeballs out and not really run into anything unless it's one of nim's babies.

what i miss is the way it smells. and the sounds that my brother's bed makes when he rolls over the floor above me. and the sounds of people running up the deck outside. and i miss the sound of people's voices. i miss the way mom moved around the kitchen, and the way tom sits at the table to read a newspaper. i miss the birds. i miss the trees outside. i miess georgian bay being a three minute walk away.

to distract myself, i'm going to the laundromat.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Ah, the Devil in Jersy City...

9/23/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!
I'm definitely going to be checking back on your blog.

I have a christian web hosting site. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

10/11/2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home