'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Sunday, August 21, 2005

waves of steel hurled metal at the sky

out of nowhere, i'm going to ottawa tomorrow.

i can feel the tendrils of the coming fall snaking their way around me, drawing me inexpicably forward. actually, it's entirely explicable- school waits and i'm going. in the meantime, there's so much that i want to do. these mid-august days, they're dragging but they're also moving at an incredible speed. so slow and yet so goddamned fast, i hardly know which way to turn some days.

tom made my bed for me yesterday and marmee seasoned my foot-in-diamter cast iron pan i procured from the depths of the fish shop.

there's something so final in that, something that i really can't explain.

i'm going to consume a vat of coffee, and then, maybe, i'll pack up the rest of my things and get ready to start the final farce of pretending to be an adult.

hydro bill, what? heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home