'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Monday, November 29, 2004

snap back to reality

reason number six hundred and eight three that i am certifiably a weirdo:

this morning robin greeted me with a miniature coffee cake with a dollop of hard caramel on top. because i had just brushed my teeth, i slipped it into my coat pocket for later consumption. read: during the break in latin class. however, i promptly and swiftly forgot about said bite of sweetness and only remembered as i stepped from the class room at the end of the class.

"woah!" i exclaim, holding the cake in my hands. "manna from my pocket!"

that's not what makes me a weirdo though. [ok, well maybe. but it's the perception people have of me as weird that i'm talking about here. besdies, it's not that weird to have food in your pocket, is it?] you see, our latin classroom is in the same wing of paterson hall as most of the offices for my professot. infact, macisaac's door is directly across from the door to our classroom. seeing me pull the cake from my pocket caused his face to erupt in a look of consternation and slight confusion, but when i started eating it, mumbling about pocket food, he looked at me as if i were possibly some sort of foreign entity.

i think maybe next week i'll try pocket cheese or something and see what happens. heh. weirdo.

1 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

i'm pretty sure that i'm the cause of the events... but really, it's just me being me. and where else was i supposed to keep the coffee cake?

12/01/2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home