'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

phoebus apollo

walking back from our lecture on the goddess, i was feeling pretty good.

"i think i might get a coffee." i tell liz. i finished the essay, but was up very late doing so. caffeine would definately get me through the three hours of english class that lay ahead of me this evening.

"i guess i could just make a coffee." i project into the brisk air. "yeah." i keep rambling to myself. "but i would have to buy milk. but you know what? they had one percent milk at abstentions." i keep going, not sure if liz is fully conscious to my mundane babblings. " i'm thinking that if i'm not careful i'll end up surrounded by milk cartons in a full fledged milk binge."

i recognize that i am speaking to myself. however, what i fail to recognize is that lindsey and liam are just in front of us.

we spend the next few minutes discussing how i can get over my milk addiction.

they even share stories about how they too became addicted to one percent milk.

"it's the happy hiking man on the front." liam confides in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home