'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

everybody's got to leave the darkness sometime

there's something magical about walking in sunlight filtered through trees.

i walk home through the glebe, the dappled light playing across my shoulders and leaving after images on my eyelids when i walk across intersection after intersection with my eyes closed. the breeze ruffles my skirt and hints at winter.

when i get home the stove is covered in soup and there's a message from kevin on our machine, asking me to call him back.

it makes me sad that there is no tree outside my window.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was quite lovely

andre

9/29/2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home