'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

nothing you can say that can't be sung

so the other night i went out on a hot date with myself to the movies.

ensconsced in my giant coat and two scarves and a funky hat, i followed the street south to the mayfair, paid nine dollars and, sitting in the back, on the left, sat for the next two hours with my mouth agape at the sheer magnitude of the images assaulting my senses. i got goosebumps. i smiled until my face hurt. and i left when the movie was over convinced that across the universe is pretty much one of the most astounding things i've seen in a long time.

i went again- just to make sure i wasn't imagining things.

when max stands up and yells "jude! jude! jude jude jude jude jude jude!!" i think my heart exploded.

in a good kind of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home