'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

someone to come home to

i'm on my hands and knees, the floor cold against my flesh, sweat sticking my shirt to my spine and suffering from what i internally refert to as "slime gloves" when i force myself to pause and actually, truthfuly, assess the situation:

it's eleven a.m. on a wednesday in late november, and i- a diploma-welding university gradute- am wearing old ratty shorts and an even rattier sweater, and am scrubbing away at the macktack under my kitchen sink.

i am forced to admit that while this may not be the exact utilisation of of my degree envisaged upon my embarking to uni, it was quite satisfying in its own way.

i mean, no more scary caked on goop under the sink. who doesn't love that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home