'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Monday, June 26, 2006

roman candle lightening love

the rain pours down in intermittant bursts, the sound and smell permeating my house in creeping tendrils, reminding me of things i always fear i'm going to lose.

i feel like something's shifted in me, that something unnecessary and hindering has finally broken. i've been too damned tired for too long; too afraid that some small reminder will send me over the edge, force me to tears at the most inopportune moment.

who the fuck cares if i cry in the middle of a shopping mall?

i was so certain that i'd figured everything out, that i'd learned how to ask. instead, i'm beginning to understand that i've simply realized that i don't know how, but am finding my way as surely as a blind man in a dark room.

i worry about what making it past this obstacle will mean. i hear my mother- the way i did when i was younger- laughing girlishly, telling me that worry gets you nowhere. i always wondered what she meant. some days i still do. but i think now i am beginning to understand how it all works.

call me and i'll prove it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Atlas Hugged said...

I really like your writing style.

Student life in Ottawa is truly different then anywhere else in the world.

6/27/2006

 
Blogger Atlas Hugged said...

I really like the conversational nature of your writing style.

Student life in Ottawa is very different then anywhere else in the country.

6/27/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home