'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Friday, February 06, 2004

so fucking special

i awoke to the phone ringing.

ok, well, i was already mostly awake because love in an elevator was on the radio, and when that song comes on i just know that it's time to get my ass in gear.

i stumbled to the phone.

"hello?" it's slightly strained and muffled, but coherent.

"hey meg! happy birthday!" it was my sister kelly. what an awesome and amazing way to wake up on the occasion of my twentieth.

the rest of the day was normal enough for a friday, except that i got to open presents and pretend that i was somewhat superior to everyone else.

i got another phone call in the afternoon just before i had to leave for my anthropology class.

"yo dude." my older brother, whome i haven't spoken too in ages. christmas seems like ages ago, at least to me. we chatted idly for a bit. then: "shit dude, there's a tool booth. i gotta jet!"

sometimes i miss my siblings more than i think i admit to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home