'the adventures of a thirty-ish university graduate' or, alternately and perhaps much more aptly: 'as mad as a barking fox'

Sunday, July 30, 2006

wondering where the lions are

my co-worker zach loves music.

actually, i don't think that quite describes his involvement with music. i imagine that were you to subject him to a number of odd and slightly freakish looking scientific tests, you'd find that musical notes, facts about singers, song lyrics and liner notes are actually embedded into his cells, actually contributing to his physical makeup.

about a month and a half ago, zach made me a random cd full of songs that i "just had to have." i finally finsihed putting them all on my ipod last night.

i don't normally listen to music when i'm trying to fall asleep, but i wanted to hear some of the songs that were supposedly necessary for my musical library. after ingesting some of the postal service, a smattering of sigur ros and about twenty minutes worth of jeff buckley, i randomly switched on the two bruce cockburn songs i'd been given.

my face hurts from smiling this morning.

and for the second time in almost six months, i feel asleep without that moment of feeling slightly crushed and quite lonely.

majesty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I was manufactured from scratch from a bunch of old vinyl records, every issue of Rolling Stone from years 1967-1979, and a small portion of John Cusack's character in High Fidelity.

But, at the end of the day, I guess I'm just what you'd call a music geek.

7/30/2006

 
Blogger meg said...

i stand firmly by my opinion concerning the liner notes and the screwy obscure facts, however, i'm willing to admit the john cusack bit.

7/31/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home